How to set 22-comm-e useing BOOTP

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi to all. I have an Allen Bradley 22-comm-e adapter which I’m using with a PF 40, and I want to configure the settings. What communication cables do I need from the PC to adapter in order to configure, is it an Ethernet cable straight thru or X-over I’m using BOOTP.
Thanks

If connecting directly then use a cross-over just to be sure. Though I'm pretty sure the port on the 22-COMM-E can take a straight through (Automatic MDI/MDI-X).

you will have to set your port to the network in the control panel setting (tcp/ip) and your network setting to the same address on your network settings on your BOOTP sever software

Similar Topics

Good Evening , I’m trying to get our maintenance staff to set the IP Address for a 22-Comm-E card for PowerFlex 40 drive . I usually use...
Replies
Views
I created a project in FT View Studio. The first thing I did was set up the comm at the end of the tree and added an numeric display programmed it...
Replies
Views
Hi, All production number reset following the comm error. I've looked through logic and disabled autamatic reset future. The counters should only...
Replies
Views
I have a question on a subject of etherent nodes in rslogix 5000 project tree for a project that I am working on. I am trying to read if read...
Replies
Views
I am getting a "PLC Communications timeout error" when running a program on a Micrologix 1100 connected to a C-More EA9 via the serial port. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom