Rs5K & RsLinx

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
Am I going completely mad, or does this happen to anyone else?

I have a L55 on the bench that I want to do some testing with. I open RsLinx, and the chassis & associated modules are all present. I then open a new instance of RSLogix5000, and try to go online with the processor by Who Active. As I have recently been online to another site, this path is set as the most recent. So then, the whoactive dialogue enforces me to make a coffee whilst it thinks about what it will let me select.
I tried de-selecting auto-browse, but this does mysterioulsy re-select itself....

It seems that every time a new project is created, the comms path that was last loaded by RS5k is loaded by default. More often than not, this path will not be valid in my world.. Is this just happening to me, or something that actually happens to others?

Yes, I have that issue as well, although RSLinx isn't too terribly slow in deciding to let me have control of the path.

I don't know of any easy workarounds, but there should be a way to clear the project path without opening up the RSWho dialog. It is probably possible to save your RSLinx configurations and load them when you change sites, but this might be more work than it is worth, and I am not sure it would take care of the problem when you call up the RSWho window from within RSLogix.

Maybe one of the more experienced RSLogix 5000 users knows of a way to help with this issue.

Last edited: