NV HMI comm question

smichalo

Hi all

I'm working on a new (to me) NV3Q-SW21 3" Screen. I've installed CX-1 Lite which has a full version of NV-Designer.

My problem is I am trying to communicate with a CP1H-X40DR-A PLC. I've downloaded the job to the screen and set the communications on both units to 9600 7,1,E using the Hostlink Protocol. I get the screen to come up but when I press a button nothing happens in the PLC. I'm starting out with a simple start/stop circuit to establish communications. so my Address in the PLC is 200.00 start 200.01 stop. I've set it up in NV Designer as a "D" and "W" but still no luck.

Can any one help with this?

And before anyone offers it up as a possible solution I've cycled power on the PLC after making the comm change. Still no luck.

Thanks

Steve

Steve

It sounds like your communications are OK, but the addressing is the issue.
If you set 'D' in NV Designer for the address, then you would be activating D200.00 and D200.01 (in the Data Memory area).
If you set 'W' in NV Designer for the address, then you would be activating W200.00 and W200.01 (in the Work Memory area).
You need the CIO (Core I/O) memory area. I don't remember how NV Desginer shows this area, and I am not on a PC with NV Designer.

PMCR

Thanks for the response and sorry for the late reply.
You are right about the address issue. I changed my contacts in the PLC to D200.00 and D200.01. This resolved the issue.
Thanks for your help

FYI

The way NV handles the CIO is when you define your address you could press the down arrow to select your memory area ( D,W,C,T ETC...)The very first option is blank. You select this if you are using CIO

Thanks again

Steve