Batch/Order Control in RS Logix 500

bvaughn

I was looking for suggestions on how to control order data in a Micrologix 1500. There are only two variables that define an order (length and quantity), but I need to be able to change the running order, insert an order, and delete an order.

Currently the system is setup with 10 spots for orders and move commands when the order finishes, but no other options. I have bounced around several idea and don't like any of them. It seems like someone must have done this, but I haven't seen any suggestions on here.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps you could add a third parameter to your list of orders. It could be described as the order of execution and have the PLC search for the lowest value. Then you get into having to deal with incrementing that order value, figuring out what to do when/if it needs to roll over, etc.

Other than that, I would think using indirect addressing, you could structure things so that you could insert orders and delete orders with fairly simple COP instructions.