Read Current from PowerFlex 4M

Can you get a Current Feedback reading to the PLC from a PowerFlex 4M drive? The PowerFlex 4M has a 22-COMM-E module installed. I am using a MicroLogix 1200 PLC. I currently get Logic Statis and Speed Feedback but no Current Feedback.
Thanks for your response.

Can you get a Current Feedback reading to the PLC from a PowerFlex 4M drive? The PowerFlex 4M has a 22-COMM-E module installed. I am using a MicroLogix 1200 PLC. I currently get Logic Statis and Speed Feedback but no Current Feedback.
Thanks for your response.

I haven't used the 1200 much, we have one in a piece of OEM Equipment. Ours doesn't have Ethernet, and I didn't think they came with Ethernet. How are you communicating with your PF4M over Ethernet? Perhaps you could post your RSS file (Zip it first), and it would give us a better idea of your setup.

Stu.....

Last edited:
Stu, my thoughts exactly...the ML1200 does not support ethernet. Maybe he meant 1100? or 1400? (Or there again, maybe there's an option available that I don't know about??)

Stu, my thoughts exactly...the ML1200 does not support ethernet. Maybe he meant 1100? or 1400? (Or there again, maybe there's an option available that I don't know about??)

He might be using something like a 1761-NET-ENI. I haven't set one up, but from comments I have seen on this list, they have very specific functionality, which I wouldn't think includes I/O. I guess we will have to wait for his reply.

Stu....

As an alternative to the above you could make use of thePF4M's on board modbus port. The only issue would be the ML1200 serial port only supports RS232 not RS485 (as does the ML1100/1400) so you would need a converter...

We have used modbus to read voltage/current/set+act frequency and full drive status.

Hope this helps.

Rob