HMI can't download

chanthaphone

Dear:Sir
I have SIEMENS TP270 Touch10 use wincc flexible2007.
I can connect runtime.but i can't tranfer from PG to TP270
I know address ,MPI/DP and set up in TP270 for tranfer.
but show error message:
could not establish connection.
please check your settings,interfaces,cables etc.!
i check and try again ,show same message.i don't know why?
please explain for me

Bests Regard : Mr.chanthaphone Electronical engineer of lao brewery co,.ltd (champasack plant)

Hmm

Set the PC/PG interface to MPI. Make your PC adress 0 for example.
Go to hardware config of the TP270, S7 transfer settings, Set the MPI channel open, remote on, make sure that MPI is selected in the second channel (MPI/PROFIBUS)...
Make sure the adress is different thet the PC.
Try to download.
If it doesn't work, try to change the MPI adress of the panel, download to that new adress...
Set the panel in transfer mode, try to download again...

These are the things that I would try...

Regards,
Gerry

Dear:Sir
I have SIEMENS TP270 Touch10 use wincc flexible2007.
I can connect runtime.but i can't tranfer from PG to TP270
I know address ,MPI/DP and set up in TP270 for tranfer.
but show error message:
could not establish connection.
please check your settings,interfaces,cables etc.!
i check and try again ,show same message.i don't know why?
please explain for me

Bests Regard : Mr.chanthaphone Electronical engineer of lao brewery co,.ltd (champasack plant)

Breweries are most important!
You have a different FIRMWARE version.
Connect your cable, first.
To fix it go to PROSAVE and select your hardware and select the firmware you have in the selection box. You can go back in a version but it needs to be installed and then select the address, etc. and transfer your program to the TP.

In addition

Another idea:

Set the panel in tranfer,
Open PC/PG Settings and try to configure your MPI.
In diagnostics of the PG/PC interface you can check if you see the HMI. Doesn't matter wich OS/Image/Firmware running on the panel. If you see the panel in diagnostics, then download must be possible, if not... then you will need Prosave as RRobins is saying.

Regards,
Gerry

I constantly have problems with TP/OP panels via MPI transfer as well. MP seem to work fine though.

As Combo says, check in the PG/PC interface under Diagnostics -> Read to see if the panel's address is present.

If not, I generally try a combination of the termination settings on the MPI/Profibus plugs, checking and unchecking the PG/PC is only master on bus field, changing addresses and transfer rates, routing vs. non-routing, etc.

It sometimes seems as if the TP's/OP's are completely unreliable for transfer over an MPI network. I prefer to use another option like RS-232 if possible.

Strangely enough, never had any trouble with MP's whatsoever.