Allen Bradley PLC STS Code

I don't suppose you have any other information? Processor type? HMI? I/O Server?

Generically speaking, an application layer time out just means that two things are communicating to each other, and one doesn't respond.

Sooooo.... your RSLinx is not communicating to the PLC5?
What method of communications? Serial? DH+? Ethernet?
Are your cables good? Addresses assigned properly? For serial or DH+, are the baud rates correct? For Serial, are other comms parameters correct? For Serial comms, is the PLC5 Comm port used for anything aside from programming?

And, when one is ASKING for HELP, is it so difficult to actually provide some background and information? These one line requests are MORE then annoying.

same problem

Hello,

We recently stumbled upon the same error with 2 PLCs. When our maintanance team tries to connect via Ethernet, they get this message, but when they go online via DH+ it works fine.

Weird enough, we have several PLCs of the same model and firmware and most of them work just fine through Ethernet.

First we thought it was due to the 10Mbit/Half Duplex, but it shows the same error with a 100Mbit/Full config.

We are working with Rockwell support to figure out the problem, but so far the issue remains.