Function Block coding

alexh1

Hi,

I just finished a project using a Toshiba T1 and the program entry is very crude and becomes confusing very fast. I typically have to program a sequence of timed, linked operations, sometimes with counters and the ladder method seems like a terribly inefficient way of doing this.

I saw some people here refer to function block coding. I'm looking at the Allen Bradley PLC's. It's hard to tell from the web description but it looks like the Pico lines still use ladder whereas the Micrologix series support function block.

is this accurate?

Thanks

Similar Topics

Hi, I have attached herewith one image which our programmer has been used in S7 1500 PLC. Now we need to use the same instructions in S7 1200 PLC...
Replies
Views
Please see attached file. I need this program in Function Block form but I am totally lost on this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Replies
Views
Hi! I am using a TM200CE40T PLC from Schneider to write data over Modbus. I have used Memory words (%MW) before using the Write variable...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. New to the forum, but been working with PLCs for several years now. Would like some advice on whether you would keep this logic, or...
Replies
Views
Hi Yes, I'm stuck again. Trying to define a Function Block. What I've put in there so far has been a straight copy/paste from the code (and that...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom