Siemens MP-377 Image corrupted, won't take new image

Chadk1971

Hi all,

I have a Siemens MP-377 that is only a few months out of the box, but was on the shelf for long enough that it is now out of warranty.

It started acting up at a customer site in a new machine recently. It was not responding well to touch, slow, etc. Calibrations and re-downloading the application did not help.

I attempted to flash the image, and it hung up during the flash. I have tried numerous times to do the factory default and re-image this panel with no success. The message on the screen says that there is no image installed, and that it is awaiting an OS update.

A call to Siemens hotline walked me through the same process that I have tried multiple times, with no success. At this point the hotline tech told me that this was a problem they have been seeing with MP-377's, and I needed to send it in for it to be re-imaged.

I can't see wasting the money to get it re-imaged since I will not be using a refurb panel on a customer machine, and I can't put it back in the system as a new part after it is fixed.

I was hoping someone here might have had a similar issue and found a way to work through it?

Thanks.

I can't see wasting the money to get it re-imaged since I will not be using a refurb panel on a customer machine, and I can't put it back in the system as a new part after it is fixed.
I think that the only "issue" is that you are s**kered for having to pay for having the panel fixed.
In any way, the box has been opened, and the panel isnt "new" any longer.