Micrologix 1200 & Crimson 3

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
Very basic question. How do you configure the communications between a Micrologix 1200 and a G3 HMI, using Crimson 3?
I know it has to be DF1, but not sure about the driver.
I already have the G310C120 cable.

Thank you!

Assuming you want to communicate serially, you will want to use the DF1 Master driver. then change the port settings int eh G3 to match the PLC. The only thing that you SHOULD need to change from the default would be the baud rate. I think most ML PLCs default to 19.2K, but we default to 9600.

Then create some data tags and map them to the registers you wish to read/write in the PLC, and finally add those tags to the display to view/edit them.

Regards,
Dan

Similar Topics

Hi, Complete newbie, just trying to understand whether something is possible. Don't eat me. I have a machine with a micrologix 1200 PLC...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm working on a project where I need to exchange data between a Siemens S7-1200 PLC and an Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1400 PLC. The...
Replies
Views
I have a MicroLogix 1200 that has an 8 input and a 16 output. Every 6 months-year I get a fault and when online go to error it is something like...
Replies
Views
Have a bad output on a Micrologix 1200. Moved wire over to an available output, changed program to associate with new output. downloaded program...
Replies
Views
I need help achieving the following task: ML1200 sending 4 to 20 mA thru analog output ch0 to a DC speed controller analog input(4 to 20 mA) my...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom