Siemens Profibus to Wonderware

GNBLogic

i'm trying to connect my siemens step 7 to Wonderware. I have installed Softing S7/S5 OPC Server and Installed FS Gateway from Wonderware to communicate to the OPC Server.

The Problem:

I am able to pull the data from PLC and view it in the Softing Server and the Real number in the Server is 41.2 and when i pull the data from the Server to the Gateway. The Number becomes: ex: 1322385408. It is a Real Number from the PLC.

I have it Pointed at DB30.DBD314 for a 4 Byte.

Any help would be Appreciated

It looks to me as if the 4 bytes of the REAL number are interpreted as a DINT. You probably have select a format for the tag in either the Softing OPC Server, or the FS Gateway.

it's my opinion too that you are reading the tag as an integer....

The easy solution is to change all the values inside plc program for integer with a scaled 10 or 100 factor to get a digit or figure out the way to read a float wacross the gateway soft or inside Intouch...

I remeber having the same problem reading a Siemens Ethernet connection from Intouch and had to use another tags syntax to tell wonderware it was a floating point data...

What is your gateway doing ? Converting Profibus to Ethernet TCP/IP ?

For probably less money you may have put an Ethernet module to your PLC processor and just use the correct wonderware Siemens Driver and it would have been plug and play ?

Last edited:
This is setup thru a Profibus ->TS Adapter Modem to PC using a USB Cable.

No TCP/IP connections.

Numbers in the Softing Server are accurate. Just when i go from the Softing to the FSGateway using the OPC Connection. My numbers seem to change.

Right know am working out the scaling in Wonderware. And i'll see if that works.