DH+ Network using SLC5/04

angi

Hi Guys

There are 7 SLC5/04 on the floor, I am going to set up DH+ network using Daisy Chain configuration, and then connect to Ethernet and Wireless, so we could manage and config all of the PLCs remotly.
Some of you guys had already post some information, but I still need help:

1. where to install ENBT? how to programm it if without controller?(using BootP Server?
there are some empty slots I can use, can I just install the ENBT in the empty slot?

2. Do I need DHRIO?

You mentioned ENBT, which only fits a contrologix chassis. So I assume you want to do a ethernet/IP, DH+ bridge using a contrologix chassis. to do that you need to get a contrologix rack, a 1756-DHRIO (to your SLC 5/04s), and a 1756-ENBT (to your ethernet).

For software, I believe any recent version of RSLinks Classic can configure the modules.

See this picture toward the left side.

http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/12762/2181376/214372/1491278/3404058/tab4.html

Thanks
So I need a Contrologix rack(without controller),install DHRIO and ENBT module in the rack. connect all the PLCs with DHRIO in serial, connect the ENBT to ethernet then to wireless.
is this correct?

Can you not just get an SLC5/05 Processor? Inbuilt ethernet port? No messing about with ControlLogix then, may be slightly cheaper.

I think it's about $4000 retail for a controllogix gateway. I believe Rockwell does give a discount for migrating forward from a 5/04 to a 5/05, but multiply that times 7 machines, plus running ethernet to all those machines and replacing anything else (HMIs) on the DH+ network and you are probably looking at much bugger bucks.