MDS Transnet 900 To Micrologix 1500

DFisher

Hi, I am an E&I Tech for an oil company in Wyoming. I'm in the process of changing all of my RTU radio's to MDS Transnet 900. I have about 350 RTU's and have had no problem with the 900 except when I try to get them to work with a AB 1500 Micrologix. Right now I have a 9-9 pin cable with TX,RX,GND going from the radio to the PLC comm 1. My channel 1 configuration is DF1 Half Duplex Slave 1200 Baud No Parity
control Line is Half Duplex Modem (RTS/CTS Handshaking) Error detection is CRC. I don't know if I need to configure this different when going to the Transnet or not. Before I had a Data Radio 3400 with modem and I have no trouble communicating with my host at these settings. I'm missing something when I try the same with the MDS Transnet any suggestions?

>>Right now I have a 9-9 pin cable with TX,RX,GND going from the radio to the PLC comm 1. My channel 1 configuration is DF1 Half Duplex Slave 1200 Baud No Parity
control Line is Half Duplex Modem (RTS/CTS Handshaking) Error detection is CRC.

what is the radio set for?

I would think that you would want to set the baud rate for your link at least at 9600. also, does your cable between the radio and plc only have rx tx and gnd hooked up? if that is the case you cant have rts/cts handshaking set up, you would need no flow control.

your best bet is to post screen shots of the radio setup and then of the channel setup on the ab 1500 so we can see what you are working with.