AdvancedHMI Programming Question

aiki202

I have been developing an HMI application using the free AdvancedHMI application, VB.NET Express, and a MicroLogix 1200. I cannot get the ReadAny function to pull in any data from the PLC. The WriteData function works fine. I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if the way I am using the function will not work. Here is my code:

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
Label5.Text = DF1Comm1.ReadAny("N7:0")
End Sub

I am trying to pull data in from a standard button click event into a standard label. Is this possible?

Thanks

No error messages appear. The application continues without a problem, but the actual integer value from the address is not updated. I single stepped (F8) through ever step of your code that reads the integer, everything "appears" to work properly.