Ramping a analog output

pincho

Hello

I have a small problem i have done program for hydraulic unit
So one regulation valve is controlled in 4-20 mA to extend or retract a cylinder
The client want that this signal is ramped when press start and also ramped when release start
I have done something but it is not working very fine
If someone has a tip thanks in advanced
Language is ST (IF ... THE? ... ELSE)

BYe

One way to ramp is simply increment / decrement by a fixed value each scan or time period
IF Y < X LET Y = Y + Z
IF Y > X LET Y = Y - Z
Kind of thing, I know I don't have the sintax correct
I suspect you have done this already

Hello,

usually I use a timer FUB together with a scale FUB for that.

Code:
scale.X1 = 0
scale.X2 = time
scale.Y1 = ramp_min
scale.Y2 = ramp_max
putting the timer elapsed time on the scale input gives the corresponding ramp value on the scale output.

br
bb