AB 1734-aent fault need help

MD Faraz

we are facing a point IO communication issue intinially. While running, the Network Status LED turns flashing red and the Point Bus status LED turns solid red. This is a symptom of wrong configuration of the number of ASCII modules connected to the point IO, but have and checked and rechecked this problem isnt coming near to gettin solved...

I changed the Point IO module itself (1734-AENT), the problem occured again. Then we changed the power supply, also same issue.

The Point IO has 6 modules connected to it.

never faced this issue? We have other POint IO in the plant that work perfectly well.

Welcome to the Forum.

If the assembly of 1734-AENT and 1734-232ASC modules works most of the time, it's probably not a configuration issue.

The ASCII modules draw 75 mA each on the POINTBus. The 1734-AENT can provide up to 700 mA, so you should be fine for POINTBus power (6 x 75 = 450 mA).

My guess is that the failure of the POINTBus is causing the CIP Connection to time out, which explains the flashing red Network Status LED.

Check very carefully for bent or loose connectors on the 1734 terminal bases; a short circuit on the POINTBus would have this kind of effect. I've seen metal debris get into the far right side connector of the POINTBus and fault the bus connection; make sure the little dust cover doesn't have contamination trapped behind it.

Is this new hardware or an older, existing installation ? How often does the fault occur ?

Collect the firmware revisions of the 1734-AENT and each of the 1734-232ASC modules and check with Rockwell to see if there are any updates to those devices.

My guess is that you have a defective 1734-232ASC module that is interfering with the POINTBus (which is essentially a tiny DeviceNet) and causing it to go into a Bus-Off mode.