Factory Talk Network Application Backup

ry_fern

Hi guys,

I am basically new to Rockwell Automation's Factory Talk View.

I already know how to backup local applications and it goes similar with other HMI. However, I can't make a backup of FTView network applications. Can someone tell me how to create an archive or backup of a FTView network application?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Thank you for the replies.

@ Gil47,

Yes, I would like to create a file with a .apa extension so I can restore my project whenever something goes wrong with the existing project I am editing. Is it also possible to create a .apa file with a network application?

@Kev77,

Yes, Factory TalkView SE. The HMI is already setup and we were just asked to add some monitoring tags for VMB and Gas Cabinet units. I think, my officemate already asked me about that HMI server backup/restore, but unfortunately it is not listed in the directory in the start menu or in the in the available FTView tools of the FT VIew studio.

Last edited:
If you go Start > Program > Rockwell >FT Studio > Application Manager ( back up and restore should now be available)
I am not at my work computer and think thats the path to where it should be.
or maybe without the Rockwell step.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, I don't have that tool, I'll better check the installed FTView in the workstation. We don't have a contract for the tech support of rockwell automation, so I can't download it.

I have read the installation guide about the backup of files. It did say something about backing up network application. But this backup is for system information only... am I right?

When you do the backup you can select if you want to backup your datalog files. If you run a lot of trends it can take a while to back up the project and can drastically increase the size of the backups. I have seen it take over an hour to so the backup but if I leave out the datalog, it is fairly quick. Call your local AB rep and they might be able to get that software to you. I can't remember if it was on the install CD or not.

It is KB 30310 but you need access to the NOT free stuff. I would post it but I want to play nice in the sandbox.

HTH