ControlLogix Networking

dave b

Basically I'm looking for a means for a ControlLogix controller, within the PLC code, to identify who is connected on the various networks.

This should include all IP addresses on Ethernet, all node numbers on ControlNet, whether a DF1 protocol device is attached and any DH+ nodes etc.

I've trawled through the GSV objects, and module status info, but had no look finding anything near what I'm looking for.

I don't think it can be done, but can anyone help ?

kinda

I can think of kind of a way to identify who is connected.
You can try to send MSG's to all device nodes that you suspect are on
the network. This will burden the system resources somewhat.
You will have to write bunch of routines to identify if the communications have succeded or failed. If failed, you will have to reset the err bit. Interrogate all nodes in regular intervals.
Obtaining unknown IP numbers from within a ladder code I think is
impossible.
You could use a PC and write a piece of code that would search for
port 44818 (EtherNet/IP) on the network and then write this info into
the PLC data table.