S5 problem

GASSER

Dear all ,

I've a cpu S5-95u with 3 ports 1 for analog ,1 for Pg ,and a third one for the op the problem is this cpu has crashed , but I've a cpu in stock ... the problem is that cpu has only two ports one for analog and the other for the Pg .... .

If i decided to switch this cpu can i connect the OP without problems when i download the old plc program to this cpu .

there shouldnt be any problem. ive done it lots of times disconnecting the op for troubleshooting then connecting it again

Dear ojz0r,

thanks for the reply ,what i mean that i will change the port to another port, i won't plug it again in the same port...so i need to check if that would be right to plug it in the pg port not the other port.....

regards

Dear ojz0r,

Thank you Much indeed ,That will really help me . But one more question Do i need to adjust the communication protocol from the op? or it will work directly

Again thanks very much

If the cable plug is a 15 pin D-sub and fits to your PLC programming port, it is likely to be a current loop connection running AS511 or Sinec L1 protocol at 9600 bits/s. Some TP/OPs need a matching FB call in the CPU.

Why don't you just upload your stock-PLC and test it? Come back with more concrete info (mlfbs, zips) if it fails.

K

It depends if the OP uses sinec L1 or pg port protocol.
If it is sinec then it may be the case that the parameters in DB1 need to be changed however it's some time since I handled these I can't remember, anyway it will not damage the plc.

@ KalleOlsen

Thank you for the reply

@ Parky

Thank you for the reply, Yes I've connected the cable to the other port ,and I had " PLC Communication Error " message , what do you suggest me to do??

I have attached the plc file ,but wasn't able to find the OP backup plus It's not Siemens

Regards

Probably not much you can do, I can't remember if the pg port does support Sinec L1, which is probably what the OP is using, By the way is it an EDICT (now red lion).
I do not have S5 anymore so can't look at the program.