Communicating with S7-300 thru my PC....plzzz help

minerva

hi everyone, my problem is that whenever i try to view accessible nodes or try to download the object files into my plc, it generates differnt kind of errors every time. i m using CPU312C, and PC adapter 6ES7972-0Ca23-0XA0, both the power and active Leds are on,and adapter transmission rate is set to 19.2. PG/PC interface settings are PC Adapter(MPI)<address=0,tranmission rate=187.5,highest station address=31,connected to com1 and transmission rate=19200. The MPI address=2( thru cpu hardware configurations). Currently with this configuration it is generating error that the local MPI address for the programming device/PC is higher than the maximum node address or wrong transmission rate or wrong interrupt set.

PLZ PLZ PLZ help me, i m really freaked out now, doing all this. 🔨

... adapter transmission rate is set to 19.2. PG/PC interface settings are PC Adapter(MPI)<address=0,tranmission rate=187.5,highest station address=31,connected to com1 and transmission rate=19200.
MPI communicates at 187500 baud, not 19200. If you're transmission rate is really set to 19200 I think you're using the PPI protocol, which is only used for S7-200.

Regards,

the MPI/DP pc adapter offers only two tranmission rates.i.e 19200 and 38400. We have selected 19.2 on our adapter, we are using 19200.Now i have changed the PG address to 1 and count adresses in CPU312C to 2 and 3. No error occured while downloading HW config. to the module, but download never starts.

Last edited:
There is a setting for the speed between the PC (COM port) and the adapter.
In the oldest versions only 19.2k is available, in newer models also 38.4k is available.

There is no other software that is blocking the COM port ? RSLinx and the PIC driver is notorious.

Is it the correct COM port ? Check in the Device Manager in Windows Controlm panel.

Maybe it is an issue with the PC. If you are using STEP7 LITE, you can just install on another PC in order to test.

No, i have uninstalled RSlinx. and i m using step 7 v5.4. and when i try to donwload, it responds after long time and when download window opens, it does not seem to start.

Currently with this configuration it is generating error that the local MPI address for the programming device/PC is higher than the maximum node address or wrong transmission rate or wrong interrupt set.
I think that this means the PC can "see" the adapter, but not the PLC on the MPI side.

You can try to use "view accessible nodes". It is possible, if unlikely, that the MPI address of the PLC is not set to 2.

You can try to see if you can attach to another PLC via MPI. That can tell you if the PC and adapter are OK.

You can try to install STEP7 on another PC. That can tell you if the issue is with the PC.

I have used auto option too.but when i try to start network connection it says THE BUS PARAMETERS COULD NOT BE DETECTED BECAUSE A COMMUNICATION ERROR OCCURED.CHECK THE INTERFACE AND THE CABLING.which i have checked a hundred tomes already

I think that this means the PC can "see" the adapter, but not the PLC on the MPI side.

You can try to use "view accessible nodes". It is possible, if unlikely, that the MPI address of the PLC is not set to 2.

You can try to see if you can attach to another PLC via MPI. That can tell you if the PC and adapter are OK.

You can try to install STEP7 on another PC. That can tell you if the issue is with the PC.

agree! you must make sure which port you are using for your pc adapter, this you can find in the device manager of control panel.