SIMOVERT masterdrives 6SE7014-0TP50

zanzoni911

dear drive expert
good day
i have problem with this drive, [FONT=&quot]When we install .. after sometime it get burned
I don't know why !!!
please can you help me in this issue.
thx:whistle:
[/FONT]

the trouble come along recently.
before 2 month the drive was damage.so we order new one when we try to connect it it is [FONT=&quot]get burned..[/FONT]

dear drive expert
good day
i have problem with this drive, [FONT=&quot]When we install .. after sometime it get burned
I don't know why !!!
please can you help me in this issue.
thx:whistle:
[/FONT]

Hi,

Since this is the second time happening to the drive may the electrical connection needed to be checked properly.

I want to ask one more question, is the motor also got burned or only the drive is burned???
Also, please mention what is the maximum current setting given to the drive???

If there is no fault in motor side, then you need to check more details to the safety parameters in the drive

(I'm assuming your motor is not failed)
In that case, the main causes for the drive failure may be,
1. short circuiting in the input side of the drive. (this may generally causes when metal particles falls in to the drive that cause the drive burns.)

2. Next cause may be due to phase loss. If the connection given to the motor terminals get loosened/isolated, the huge current tried to flow through other phases. This can cause burning.

3. If the parameters set to the drives falls more above than their safety settings.

4. Ambient condition. This the the very minor possibility to cause the drive breakdown. Suppose if the drive fan is not working, or if the rotation is in opposite direction, that can cause more heating up of drive. and also the ambient temperature plays an important role when it comes when external cooling is required.

Please upload the drawing file. We can help you if you explain to the doubts i asked.

rgds,
RBM

dear RBM
thanks a lot for your helpful information
_2__elec_drawing.html

please check the picture for the drawings
thx

Im really sorry. but i had one doubt regarding the connection.

In the drawing you had mentioned two drives. Are there two motors connected to each drive???
how is it connected???

and how about the motor condition??? is it burned???
have u find the drive burned during commissioning process or was it was working for a while and then suddenly the fault occur???

rgds,
RBM

[FONT=&quot]In the drawing you had mentioned two drives. Are there two motors connected to each drive? NO.EACH DRIVE IS CONNECTED TO ONE MOTOR.SO WE HAVE TWO MOTORS AND TWO DRIVES.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
how is it connected? THE INPUT POWER CABLE IS CONNECTED TO ONE DRIVE.THE POWER TO THE SECOND DRIVE IS FROM THE FIRST DRIVE.MOTOR CONNECTION ARE FROM INDIVIDUAL DRIVES TO RESPECTIVE MOTORS.

and how about the motor condition??? is it burned? MOTOR IS OK.IT IS NOT BURNT.
have u find the drive burned during commissioning process or was it was working for a while and then suddenly the fault occur? DURING COMMISSIONG PROCESS.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In the drawing you had mentioned two drives. Are there two motors connected to each drive? NO.EACH DRIVE IS CONNECTED TO ONE MOTOR.SO WE HAVE TWO MOTORS AND TWO DRIVES.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
how is it connected? THE INPUT POWER CABLE IS CONNECTED TO ONE DRIVE.THE POWER TO THE SECOND DRIVE IS FROM THE FIRST DRIVE.MOTOR CONNECTION ARE FROM INDIVIDUAL DRIVES TO RESPECTIVE MOTORS.

and how about the motor condition??? is it burned? MOTOR IS OK.IT IS NOT BURNT.
have u find the drive burned during commissioning process or was it was working for a while and then suddenly the fault occur? DURING COMMISSIONG PROCESS.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

hi,

can you upload the parameters you set for the drive and also its model number. Also, motor ratings. (kw, A, rpm)

Which drive became faulty??? drive 1 or drive 2 ???

rgds,
RBM

When a new drive fails during commissioning, by far, the most likely causes are:

1. The applied voltage is higher than the drive rating
2. The drive has a manufacturing defect.

It is nearly impossible to program a drive in such a way as to cause it to burn up.

Finally, it would be helpful to know if the drive failed while idle, or when trying to run the motor.

Please advise