MSG from CompactLogix L35E to SLC 5/05

skyman434unme

I am attempting to program a "SLC Write" Type of instruction in a MSG from an L35E compact Logix controller to a SLC 5/05. The best I can do is get an extended error code 0204 "Unconnected message timeout". LocalENB, 1, 192.168.3.7 is the communication path which is correct, and the PLC's are both on the 192.168.3.x class C network. Communication method is "CIP".

Anyone have any ides?

Here's why: CIP Paths are pairs of Ports and Addresses.

From the communication module's perspective, Port 1 is the backplane. Port 2 is the first network port.

Port 2 is the only network port on EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, and DeviceNet modules.

For multiport modules like the 1756-DHRIO and the small 1769-L31 controller, the two ports are Port 2 and Port 3.

Here's why: CIP Paths are pairs of Ports and Addresses.

From the communication module's perspective, Port 1 is the backplane. Port 2 is the first network port.

Port 2 is the only network port on EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, and DeviceNet modules.

For multiport modules like the 1756-DHRIO and the small 1769-L31 controller, the two ports are Port 2 and Port 3.

I've always wanted to know what that "2" was for. Thanks Ken.