Ultra 3000i 2098-DSD-HV100X vs. 2098-DSD-HV100X-DN

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
We had an Ultra 3000i die today:

2098-DSD-HV100X

Two week lead time. Can I replace it with a

2098-DSD-HV100X-DN

?

Same drive, with added Devicenet Interface.

I can get one of these overnight. I'm just not sure if I can make it run with a DeviceNet fault, since there's no network on the machine.

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited:
Well, according to A/B, I can do this but I had to create a new file with the correct drive part number, and copy the original configuration data to it manually.

I was able to save the OEM Ultraware file with a new name, add the new drive to its configuration, and then compare and edit the new drive, before finally deleting the original drive from the file, and then saved it again. In the morning I will find out if this little procedure worked as expected.

I'll post an update here on the odd chance that someone else runs into this problem in the future.

Paul

Well, the new drive worked just fine.

I used ultraware to open the old file, then added a new drive with the DN option. Then I was able to open each item from each drive in the main window and tab between them to easily spot what needed to be changed to create the new file.

Sad part of the story is that the original drive was not the cause of the original problem. There was a powerflex drive on the same fused branch that was causing the fuses to blow...

But hey, at least we now have a couple of spare parts for this machine...