s7 200 iec1131

craul

G'Day to all members,
Would appreciate if anyone can help mw in uploading the existing program frm CPU224 Rel 02.01 using V4 Micro/Win. Data Block and System Block gives me an upload but for Program Block - error says "Can not open IEC-1131 program block in current mode (either Run or Stop mode). No backup program is given from the vendor.

Cheers,

craul

G'Day to all again,
I found the solution which is from the same question and answer posted years ago (below) from Monsam & Mel respectively. I was able to upload successfully the program.

Cheers,

craul

Question from Monsam of South Africa:
Hi All
I am trying to open a .mwp file with Microwin Ver4.0 and get the following error
"Cannot Open IEC 1131 Project In curent Mode"
Any Ideas what the problem could be? The original project was written with Ver 4.0.

Answer from Mel W of Yorkshire:
you may need to change the programming mode of microwin to iec mode instead of simatic
this is under tools options general then close and restart microwin

Hi,
I am Yogesh and we are faceing problem in SM326 DI card. Its SF led is red and voltage are not comming at the channel. Kindly tell me what are possible causes for showing SF RED?

S7 400 Siemens PLC

Dear Cagliostro,

Thanks and I am very glad to inform you that your site is very useful and I feel it will be very useful for me in future also.

I want to share you that I am using S7 400 PLC and its digital input safety module has been failed only 2 input are connected that is not very critical so I want to force it but as I force it through software with our laptop and as I remove my lap top forcing automatically removed kindly guide us how we can force it. Because spare card has been procure urgently and it will take 10 days to reach here.

Kindly guide us.

Regards

Yogesh

Dear Cagliostro,

Thanks and I am very glad to inform you that your site is very useful and I feel it will be very useful for me in future also.

I want to share you that I am using S7 400 PLC and its digital input safety module has been failed only 2 input are connected that is not very critical so I want to force it but as I force it through software with our laptop and as I remove my lap top forcing automatically removed kindly guide us how we can force it. Because spare card has been procure urgently and it will take 10 days to reach here.

You should writh a subject with your case as it is quite different from this one about S7-200 connection

I'm note skilled with Safety programming but far as i heard about it, it is on a way locked to prevent malfonction or disabling....
Can you instead of forcing the input using an Always-on or Always-off contact ?

As suggested from Jeff23spl, I think it' s the best and fast way to follow......

So create for example an Always_On bit and use NO or NC status to short link or unable the sequence realized from the two input of the safety module...

You wrote
that is not very critical so I want to force

So when the new module it will arrive, remove the bit Always_ON