Phoenix Contact PLC Analogue input card

Jayden

Hi all, I need some advice on an Analogue Input on a Phoenix contact PLC inline control ILC200IB. The machine it as attached to is a Jensen Senking SEP 50 laundry press. I have a strain gauge (4-20 ma I think) connected an analogue card which measures the tonnage on the bowl whilst the press is pressing. I kept on getting a fault that the measurment was not changing therefore I assumed a faulty strain gauge. Not wanting to spend $3000au on a new one without being 100% sure I have connected a Pot to the input to check if the card is ok. The readings were not as I expected even though it has the machine going (tempory fix).

When I connect the pot up follows - 24v+ then through pot (set at 3000ohms) then to 24v- with my amp meter in series I am getting approx 8ma which is ok.

When I run this through the Input card as follows - 24V+ then to pot, from pot to input card +, and input card - to 24v Negative I am only getting 1ma at 3000 ohms.

Should I be getting the 8MA when this is connected up to the input card ?

Phoenix interline IB IL AI 2/SF

Hi all, I need some advice on an Analogue Input on a Phoenix contact PLC inline control ILC200IB. The machine it as attached to is a Jensen Senking SEP 50 laundry press. I have a strain gauge (4-20 ma I think) connected an analogue card which measures the tonnage on the bowl whilst the press is pressing. I kept on getting a fault that the measurment was not changing therefore I assumed a faulty strain gauge. Not wanting to spend $3000au on a new one without being 100% sure I have connected a Pot to the input to check if the card is ok. The readings were not as I expected even though it has the machine going (tempory fix).

When I connect the pot up follows - 24v+ then through pot (set at 3000ohms) then to 24v- with my amp meter in series I am getting approx 8ma which is ok.

When I run this through the Input card as follows - 24V+ then to pot, from pot to input card +, and input card - to 24v Negative I am only getting 1ma at 3000 ohms.

Should I be getting the 8MA when this is connected up to the input card ?

Hello Jayden,
I have the same problem with my Jensen Senking SEP 50 laundry press.
The strain gauge which measures the expansion of the press basket seems to be not working. I get the fault message " EMS value does not vary". It is connected to Phoenix Contact interbus inline IB IL AI 2/SF.
Pl advice how do i check if there is any problem with the PLC.
In your case did you replace the strain gauge sensor or the PLC.
The sensor here also costs 3000 CAD
Thanks
Best regards
Rupesh Desai
+1 613 728 5824