Trouble Uploading from Omron CQM1H

ferni4988

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey everyone I am very new to the Omron world. I just got this new job and they have an old palletizer that is ran through an Omron CQM1H-CPU51. They've never had anyone on site that can look at the program and troubleshoot it and long story short they dont even have the program for the palletizer. i am trying to upload the program from the palletizer to get familiar with it and begin to troubleshoot some of the on going problems (ie, photo eyes not working correctly). Sorry for the long story but I am having problems connecting to the PLC.

I am using CX programmer v. 9. When I connect to the PLC and try to go online I get an error that says "Fail to Upload the Program" and I get fatail errors, one of which is "No END(1) instruction". Has anyone experienced this before or can anyone help my ignorance and guide me through uploading the programs. I dont know if it matters but when I connect to the PLC it reads it as a CQM1 PLC instead of a CQM1H, not sure if this matters. I am kind of lost here and any help would be very greatly appreciated.

When I try to go Auto Online I keep getting the error messages listed above. It doesn't read the program and I get the fatal errors. The funny part is that it seems to detect that is online although its detecting the wrong PLC.. When I right click the PLC and go to properties and I verify that PLC it tells me it is the CQM1 instead of the CQM1H, so it connects to the PLC but I cannot upload the program and I get the "No END(1) instruction"

I know.. This is very weird. Attached are two pictures, the first one is when I initially try to connect and the program is attempting to upload, the second is just a screen shot of the error messages I get.

Fail program.jpg Fail 2.jpg

Is the PLC actually in STOP mode?

I have had similar wierd issues before, but not quite the same.
1. What is your connection method, USB->Serial adaptor or real serial port?
2. What port are you connecting to on the CQM1H?
3. What are the DIP switch settings on the PLC under the flap?

Is the PLC actually in STOP mode?

I have had similar wierd issues before, but not quite the same.
1. What is your connection method, USB->Serial adaptor or real serial port?
2. What port are you connecting to on the CQM1H?
3. What are the DIP switch settings on the PLC under the flap?

I am connecting with a USB using the USB to RS232 Adapter (USB-SN226).

I am connecting to the Peripheral port, the one next to the dip switches.

The Dip switches are currently:

1. Off
2. Off
3. On
4. Off
5. Off
6. Off
7. On
8. Off

I made it work.. Not ideal but its working. I am running Windows 7 and I loaded Windows XP emulator from Windows website. I then loaded CX-One along with the driver for the USB adapter to Windows XP. When the driver was downloaded I was able to Open CX Programmer and I was able to upload the code. I think the problem all fell under the fact that Windows 7 was unable to load the driver for the adapter. Its kind of weird because I was able to detect the PLC and transferring sort of started but it would always end in an error. Now I was able to get the code uploaded and luckily for me nothing has comments so now its going to be fun in trying to make sense of the code. Any suggestions on how to go about figuring out what is what? I figured I would start by tripping sensors and then continue to following the wires out of each address to its relay. Not sure if this is the best method. If you any of you have a better way I am open to ideas. Thanks again to all who attempted to help :).

I have just installed Windows 7 x 32 bit on my Dell Vostro 1710 and everything works fine. Hooked into my first PLC with it yesterday and did not have a problem. The PLC is a C200HE.
If you are running Windows 7 x 64 bit the drivers will not work. The drivers are only 32 bit. I am assuming you are using the Omron USB/232 converter - I only use it for PLC work - it is not cheap. I have had problems with just about everything else.
The Virtual Machine is very good although a little slow as they all are.

some of advse how to reverse enginer your program is to get the electrical schematics compare inputs, outputs to that. Triggering photoeyes do help but you will run into things that you may not triggr so its easier if you hyave the schematics.

Same issue today - RSLinx off, delete Com port, reinstall, reboot. Also check that Serial Port isn't configured as PIC/AIC.