Logix 500 software.

barney123

Hi, I have logix 500 software, When i first started to use the software, when I would create new inputs or bits and describe it with text, the next time I would go and put a bit on the ladder and when i went to edit its info as soon as I would click the first letter a drop down menu would appear with all bits that had that first letter.

This function is now gone and it appears to have happened when I regestered the software. I must cross referance all my points, It is not a big problem but the other way was much quicker and Fool proof.

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated

Go to Tools --> Options
The third tab in that window is "Xref/Address Wizard". Make sure the first 5 checkboxes are checked.

I think that may be what you are after, but I'm not 100% sure I understood you correctly.

I think you are looking at Symbols.

In you Data File they can be entered. Then you can use them in logic.

You can also define Symbols. In the Project Tree, scroll down to the bottom and see Database and then Address/Symbol under it. Double click and the Symbol table will show up. You can now enter you symbols.

To make sure the Symbols show in your Logic, select menu View: Properties. On the Comment Display tab, select Show Symbols.

logix 500 symbols

Thanks very much on the right track,
Cant believe how fast the response time was

The address wizard is the man I was looking For, I knew that when I inserted a new bit that It would automatically give me a bit that was not used.

Bang on, I am using symbols and descriptions as my point identification format. Nice information about symbol tag under database folder very handy for a quick view.

Sorry about this but is there any reason why the tick boxes would be shaded out so as not to let me tick them. This is the only thing holding me back from testing.

:geek:

Its the starter pack that i have, and I lost this feature on the day I registered it. With the seven days grace everything was perfect.

Thanks for all your help on this issue