IFC vs IFE

• BCD

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • CHIP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

clomba

Hello everyone
I'm having a problem with purchased surplus 1771-IFC cards that will not work with our system. Apparently, the chip in it is outputing BCD instead of pure binary. I was told you could change the chip, but I don't know which one?
Our racks are rev A, so they won't support an IFE card.
Can I just reconfigure the raw data to work for BCD?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Still looking into

We have set all switches the same as the existing Card.
Unfortunately, when I replace the existing IFC with the surplus cards, the rack fails to read them.
This are pre PLC5 racks (PLC3).
We are still on RIO with a Control Logic processor.

Are the Block Transfers working to these modules, but you're just getting data in the wrong format ?

If the block transfers are working, then you have a chance that these modules are functional. If they are not, you probably bought defective or damaged modules.