Redlion Master Controller - Program elapsed timer

MWienstroer

I have been using Crimson 2.0 and have been using the remote view to show active run speed of equipment. I now need to display and elapsed timer when the speed falls below a set speed and then stop the timer when it returns to speed.

From what I can tell, it requires coding to get this done. I haven't progrmmed in Crimson 2.0 before and am looking for examples for programming the timer.

Thanks

If you're not worried about accuracy then the following example will be accurate to within 1 second for each occurence of the speed dropping below the set value.
Note the trigger on the Current_seconds tag; this runs Program1 once per second. Program1 will increment the Time_below_speed tag if the speed is below the set value.

If you require more accuracy then it would probably be better to do the programming in the plc, if you have one.

There may be other, more accurate ways to do timing calculations in Crimson, I'd be interested if anyone has come up with any good methods.

Thanks for the code

Burnerman,

Thanks for the code. I played with it most of the night last night and I think I have found a way to to handle it using a trigger on a flag.

Basically I place a clock on the remote view and subtract the time value from GetNow() that I use to get the starting time of the event. The only issue I have at this point is getting a static constant into that starting time. Right now the starting time is also a running clock. Once I figure out how to take the value only once, I will be good.

Your code will help.

Thanks,
Mike

You could create a new formula flag which is true when Actual_speed < Set_speed.

Use a trigger on this flag to move the current time to an integer tag just by entering the expression "Start_time=GetNowTime()" in the trigger action box .