GE Logicmaster

pulsar55

Greetings PLC Guru's
I need help!! This is my first time with GE. I am replacing a older GE 90-30 10 slot rack, CPU# IC693CPU331 with a new 10 slot rack model IC693CPU323x with the CPU in the backplane. I have the same configuration of I/O as the one I am replacing.I created a new project with the GE Proficy Machine Edition software and imported the original program which was created in Logicmaster 90-30 (9.04). I validated the new file, which had no errors but 3 warnings. After several attempts @ downloading the file to the new processor the program did download. ButI am not able to put the processor in run mode. I get a stop fault condition which I am unable to clear. If I am offline with the plc and try to validate I get 0 errors and 23 warnings which I attribute it to not being online. I wouldn't think that warnings would keep the processor from going into run mode. Any help would be much appreciated :(

I get a stop fault condition
Did you look at the fault tables to find out the nature of the fault?

How did you go about converting the configuration from the CPU331 to the CPU323? Did you install the I/O modules in the correct locations in the new baseplate? The CPU311 was located immediately to the right of the power supply in the original system. Is that slot now empty in the new?

Thanks for your quick reply. My problem was the hardware configuration. Once I got the I/O cards in the right place in the configuration and after I found out how to take the processor out of monitor mode I was able to clear the stop fault condition. Then I was able to download a new configuration. Thanks for your help