PLC 3 Downloading with AI

fredjr99

Trying to download a program to a PLC3 using AI software via DH and keep getting an access denied error. AI says to check for priviledge 2. Have set every priviledge for channel and still get error. What am I missing?

What is privelege 2 anyway? Seems like a 'write to ...' kind of thing but I don't have a manual in front of me.

In the meantime, insure the channel baud rate, etc. matches what's set in the software.

Are you using channel 0?

Of course the Memory Protect keyswitch position will prevent a download, so switch that of OFF.

Also turn on the REMOTE ENABLE setting using the front panel LIST functions.

What is your AI-3 version, your PC operating system, and your path to the Data Highway ?

An old timer here said he remembered something about having to reconfig. So after a little digging, turns out, in DH configuration, after entering a priviledge level #, you have to back up 2 levels in the list menu and select option 4 - reconfigure.

Fyi

A check of the KA manual reveals that privilege 2 allows writes to the module status area.

The KA module also has its own settings which might affect comms.

From LIST select the KA module, then MODULE options. #3 - ACCEPT UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD, #4 - ACCEPT WRITES