Omron PLC

dhuber

Hi,

I have a Omron SYSMAC CQM1 PLC with a CQM1-CIF02 cable.
I am trying to get online and upload the program that is in the plc to debug it.
When i click the direct online button, everything works fine. It opens up an empty ladder.
When i go into network settings i can see my plc and can go online with it, in the network configuration tool, stauts says online, but i dont know what to do after that. Any help?

I can change the state of the PLC, between run and program throught the network configuration tool, but i cant see any of my program ladders.
Is it not supposed to upload that when i connect?

I believe that it is CX Programmer 9, version 4.04.
Im not at work right now, so i think that is it, but i will have to double check tomorrow when i get in.

I'm a co-worker of dhuber, looking after the afternoon shift this week.
We are running CX-Programmer Version 9.04
Using CX-Server versin 4.3

You should not have to go anywhere near the network tool at all for a 1 to 1 connection.
Just use CX-Programmer.
Autoconnect gives you the option of uploading the program/settings before going online - try that.

You need open the programmer, then click PLC--auto online,the ladder will auto upload. hope this will help.

Alright, so I looked through the manual again and was able to figure out that we were sent the wrong software license. We were sent a junior license that didn't allow use for our CPU.

Made some calls and got it sorted out, just working through the return BS and we should be getting the right license next week or so.

Thanks for all the help guys. (y)