ABB to Emerson

xetrov123

We are currently using System 6 and have upgraded 90% of our IO to the new ABB S800 Profibus IO. Our origional upgrade path was to use ABB's S800 DCUs and develop the new system in parallel.

Now our engineering group and an engineering firm are pushing management to install Emerson DCUs, develop the software offline, replace the last 10% of IO with Emerson, connect the rest via Profibus and to do this in one large switchover.

We are a little hesitant considering the scope. I would appreciate any updates and experiences!

(I previously posted this on another post but realized engineering is looking at Emerson Ovation System not DeltaV)

Similar Topics

Hello all, I have an ABB PLC (PM573) and it has without MC card. I need to take backup from PLC to PC (in automation builder v2.7 ). My...
Replies
Views
Folks, I have a client with an old ABB Advant / MOD300 system (v14.4). Around y2k I installed the ABB Industrial IT MOD300 OPC Server 1.1/2...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone How i can configure a periodic report of the list of alarms? Thanks
Replies
Views
What is the production life of one of these controllers. One of our machines is 4 years old and our supplier is saying the controllers need to be...
Replies
Views
hi everyone, I have a problem, it seems that in somewhere on the programming the reference tends to lost mabye one time at day. I write this...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom