331-1KF02 connection of 2-wire

userxyz

untitled.jpg

For a 2 wire connection we must use the connection like CH4, M+ and M-. But, what are U+ and I+ used for ?

regards,
Gerry

Hi Combo,
If you look at the Siemens manual, you can see that this module is not powered with 24VDC (you just have to connect all the M- terminals). If you want to connect a 2 wire 4-20 mA sensor for example, you need to connect to an external power supply. This module unlike the 6ES7331-7KF02-0AB0 is only passive.

2wire

But then 2wire connection between M+ and M- is not good, ... we need to use an external 24V...

L+ext to +sens and then ?

Hi Combo,
If you look at the Siemens manual, you can see that this module is not powered with 24VDC (you just have to connect all the M- terminals). If you want to connect a 2 wire 4-20 mA sensor for example, you need to connect to an external power supply. This module unlike the 6ES7331-7KF02-0AB0 is only passive.

Connection of a 2 wire sensor:
+ of sensor goes to +24V of the Power Supply.
- of sensor goes to I+ of the module channel you want.
M- of the module channel you want goes to 0V of the Power Supply.

ok

I understand, on page 299 I can see what you just said here. It's logic like this. Was confused, overlooked page 299...
Page 300 is for PT100 resistance measurement.

Thanks

Connection of a 2 wire sensor:
+ of sensor goes to +24V of the Power Supply.
- of sensor goes to I+ of the module channel you want.
M- of the module channel you want goes to 0V of the Power Supply.