J1939 - Modbus RTU

bobec

Hi

Does anyone have any experience with the ADFweb.com J1939 to Modbus RTU gateway? I have a test interface program on a PLC and HMI and connected it to an International engine. It appears that the Modbus interface is working but the Canbus is not. I had a scope connected to the Can h and Can L and have data coming out of the J1939 bus but the ADF bridge is capturing the packets.

Or any info on other gateways that are cost effective and work?

Thanks

Bob

Last edited:
Thanks Pudden.

I've looked at the pyramid solutions unit and I'll have to give it a try.

As for the ADF unit, it has problems and their tech support has ignored my emails with attached scope traces and questions about not being able to see configuration project files on my computer. For anyone who wants to give this unit a try (I don't recommend it) the polarity of the power supply indicated on the label wrong and conflicts with the manual.

Does anyone have experience with reading j1939 on Caterpillar marine engines? I've seen discussions about their bus not fully complying with J1939 so you have to buy their gateway or their displays for big $$$.

Bob

Hi Bobec,

To be honest I work for HMS and we have close relations with Pyramid Solutions. When I was in need of help, they backed me up 110%.
If possible try to talk to Perry Green or Glen Beal at Pyramid.
I am quite sure that they have information about how to interface Catepillar.

Good Luck

//Patrick L