Reading a program from S7-1200

bobec

Hi

I have a program that I worked on and saved on my hard drive and it is not as recent as the one on the PLC, How? I do not know, I was sure I saved it but it is still a past revision, lacking many changes and tag additions.

So I need to read the program off the PLC and save it to a new file or do a compare online to offline and reconcile the two. But TIA portal V10.5 SP2 crashes every time I try to do it. If I try to open the online main it crashes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bob

Beware of this issue. Just talked with Siemens and even they had to reset the CPU to factory defaults, which means no more program and any changes made online are lost.

Could you retrieve the program by using a memory card? According to the manual if you put a blank card into a cpu the program is transfered to the card. I don't know if you can then read the program from the card with a standard card reader. The only problem is the silly money that Siemens charge for memory cards.

Bryan

BryanG Thanks, this seems like an approach worth trying but I don't have card or time so I'm going to have to redo what I lost.

KalleOlsen Thanks but that thread is not very encouraging.

I can't imagine not being able to read a program from a PLC in the field but this is what Siemens found after testing my issue themselves. I'm sure they will be working on a fix on a firmware update that but it doesn't help us now.