Question on connection problem

I am trying to interface a Ge Fanuc 90/30 with an easy touch (ez-s6c-f 320x240 all drivers) panel and I have connections from the box it came in and blue cord for eazy touch to computer connection and and a green cord for Ge fanu connection to Easy touch screen. My old program from my Ge shows on the Hmi but it reads the plc has timed out and there is no interaction. I have tried new cords and tried over 24 different configuration settings for baud rate ( 38,400,19200, 9200,4200,)and all three of the parity settings (none,even,odd) and even both of the stop bits settings, it never reads plc connected to easy touch please help

Has it ever worked?

Where is the cable connected at the PLC end? The 15-pin port on the PLC power supply is RS485. It uses the SNP or SNPX protocol. Default port settings are 19200, odd parity, 1 stop bit.

Are there LEDs on the EZ Touch port? If so, what are they doing? A blink every second or so on the "transmit" or "Tx" LED generally indicates the HMI is trying to talk to the PLC but not getting any response. That often means a problem with the cable, although it could also mean that the HMI is asking for data from a different device than the PLC its connected to. For example, the PLC wants data from Device #5 but the PLC is configured as Device #6. No blinking at all means the HMI has stopped trying to talk to the PLC. Normal operation would be fairly steady blinking on both the "Transmit" and "Receive" LEDs.

the cable is connected to the programmable controller of the plc. I looked and found a led and by it is labeled ram. There is no blinking, but I have running a plc program in the plc. I program a simple on and off in the Easy touch software with labeling the inputs %M00001and outputs as %M00002. When I transfer the program to the hmi it transfers everything exactly, from color, inputs, I tried a timer it even times, but buttons or inputs dont seem to register, I tried a thumbwheel and a variable entry button and it'll have selection I can pick numbers but it doesnt change

My original question still stands. Has the equipment ever worked? Please answer that question before commenting on anything else in both of my responses.

Did you write the program in the PLC? If not, do you have access to the program? Because if the program in the PLC is controlling %M00001 and %M00002, then nothing you can write from the EZ Touch will be able to override that.

the cable is connected to the programmable controller of the plc
I'm afraid I don't know how to interpret that. To me, "Programmable Controller" and "PLC" mean the same thing.
I looked and found a led and by it is labeled ram
I'm very familiar with the 90-30 product and I can't recall ever seeing a LED labeled "RAM". The three most common places to connect a serial cable are:
1. 15-pin port on the power supply. The power supply has four LEDs labled PWR, OK, RUN, and BATT.
2. Serial port on a CPU module that has one. I have a CPU363 on my desk and the LEDs are labled P1, P2, and PS PORT.
3. A communications coprocessor module. The LEDs are labled OK, US1, and US2.

That's assuming you are trying to connect serially, another of my questions that you didn't bother to answer.

No the hmi never connected to my plc, it would connect to other peoples plc but not mine and transfer the program fine. I wrote the program in the plc,and it was running when I tried to transfer the hmi program to the hmi screen from c-more software. Of course the hmi was connected back to 15-pin port on the plc
the power led blinking light that read ram is on the back of the hmi- easy touch. We got another hmi and it worked. My plc would talk to another stations HMi but not mine, we know the cord that connected the plc to hmi was good cause when we connected same cord to the other stations hmi and plc it worked.