Writing data to S7-300 via opc

ssantiago

Hi, friends. I got a strange situation trying to write data to db in s7-314-2dp via opc-server.

The code is written on C#:

I'm connecting to OPC-server. Reads all items. After it - I save OPC-group object to private member gr.
Code:
 private OPCAutomation.OPCGroup gr; // My OPC group
After it I'm trying to write data to OPC-item via my OPC-group:
Code:
try
{
    gr.OPCItems.Item(name).Write(val);
}
catch (Exception)
{
}
And happens unpredictable to me thing: my program hangs, at this moment plc still has old value in db. After it I press "Stop Debugging" in studio and studio hangs for about 1 minute and then data, which I was writing to plc, apears in plc.

Thanks for attention.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hello, I am trying to send a keyboard command to a pc (press the letter "Y" followed by "Enter". I am modifying existing code which just sends a...
Replies
Views
Hi again guys, This forum has been great for all the questions ive asked these last few days. Another one now.. haha I am currently working...
Replies
Views
Hi friends, I m new to plc programming and i don't know how to write data block in boolean method. I m needed to write data block to...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. My question is about moving data into selective bits in Controllogix. I want to move a hex value into the last word(bits 16-31) of...
Replies
Views
I have a third party application designed in vb that is reading/writing data to an AB SLC 5/05. I am unable to write more than 80 words of data to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom