Panelview Component Caveats

spaceacealpha

So I spec'd this out purely of curiosity. What a freaking disappointment. Won't work with IE8, emulates Ethernet over USB, and buttons have to be mashed like an old Colecovision. What was AB thinking? My Cmore touch screen on the other hand was connected and programmed in a hour and ready on the machine in two. Whereas, day 2, I still can't get this thing to work! I installed all the drivers, the emulator, the microsoft panel, firefox 3.6 still the thing won't communicate. I just want to throw it through a wall!:mad:

I hear that you can do your program in the "emulator" and transfer it to the unit. Is this done over a USB dongle? Anyone transfered programs in an alternative way? I made a small test program and I can't seem to get it out.

Figured it out. Got to go to Transfer and select PC Storage, the file and the destination device and go dig for where ever it stuck it at in your PC. Then put it on a USB drive and load it in under the config menu. Its cheesy but it works.

One more detail that probably was overlooked.

this unit has a general purpose rating, not the class 1 div 2 rating like the standard panelview terminals.

i agree with other comments, wasted use of resources & i
won't use them or allow them here.

regards,
james