Low cost Digital Cameras for Industry

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I am aways concerned about quality. I would like to look at
possibly a low cost digital camera to take pictures of our product as it is manufactured. I would like for this camera to
be ethernet , so I can be able to save these images.I have some Cognex cameras taking measurements , but I am looking for something much cheaper. Are any of you familier with any digital cameras that would be useful for this application.

Thanks, and have a great day.

I am looking at taking a picture , and saving that picture on a network
drive. Wireless would be great. I thought of taking a regular digital camera apart , and soldering 2 leads from a relay to trigger the camera. I wouldn't be able to save to the network unless I did it manually.

Thanks for the response.

You need an Axis camera. These are wireless, have a contact closure input and can be configured to upload a photo or video clip to a server when triggered. They have several models to choose from. The model linked looks like it retails for $380 at Newegg. A lower resolution model goes for $300.

I have not actually used these cameras, but they look useful for your application.

Brian

I second the Axis camera, though if you Google 'IP camera' you will find other cheaper alternatives. Just check that they have a trigger input and are able to upload pictures to an FTP server.

Bryan

Thanks for the Axis camera tip. Are you capable of using this camera as a generic ethernet device , like a Cognex Insight camera , to use with a Allen Bradley ControlLogix Plc. Also , would you be able to show
these images on a Panelview Plus .

Thanks in advance.