Siemens Repeater RS485

jara

Hello!

I would like to know if I am rigth about repeater.
I have been reading the manual, but I have some doubts.
I put this picture. Is correct the conection.
The repeater have 2 segments A1 B1 -- A1 B1
A2 B2 -- A2 B2

But the second segments for what, I don´t understand
Is possible to use for another network

Thanks and my apologies for my knowledge

Reapeter.jpg

If you want to repeat between your 2 segments, your scetch is wrong. A1-B1 and A1'-B1' is the same segment, just duplicated terminals in case you don't want the repeater to be at end of the primary segment. The same is valid for A2-B2, A2'-B2'. The repeater function is also between upper and lower terminals. Note this: 1: The upper terminals are primary and the master should be connected here, to the left (A1-B1). 2: If there is only one cable coming in to the duplicated terminals, you must connect it to the leftmost terminal screws and put the terminal switch ON. If two cables are connected to a duplicate terminal - as on your scetch - the terminal switch must be OFF. 3: The switch in the middle will disconnect the lower terminals if switched OFF.

Kalle

PS! Congratulations with your soccer championship!

Last edited:
Thanks Kalle for your quicky answer! and the championship
So, If I understand well, I need connect IN to A1-B1 and OUT to A2-B2 and the switch on.
This is right.