Siemens OP7 and wincc

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
I appologize for lack of infor but I don't know anything about these OP7's, and I'm in a pinch.

I don't see any info on the siemens site.

When I walk up to the OP7 and press enter it takes me to a list of pages. it shoes 1,2,3,4, and 99.

There are many more pages that this. Is this a genereal function of the enter button since it won't let me control it from wincc?

If so how do I adda screen to this list? I imported a protool to wincc and I'm wondering if i'm missing something?

thanks
-joel

I appologize for lack of infor but I don't know anything about these OP7's, and I'm in a pinch.

I don't see any info on the siemens site.

When I walk up to the OP7 and press enter it takes me to a list of pages. it shoes 1,2,3,4, and 99.

There are many more pages that this. Is this a genereal function of the enter button since it won't let me control it from wincc?

If so how do I adda screen to this list? I imported a protool to wincc and I'm wondering if i'm missing something?

thanks
-joel

Hello joel;
The OP7 has been discontinued a few years ago, but the manual is still available on Siemens, support site:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/1145112
You cannot upload the program (using Prosave will upload the compiled version, but you cannot modify it through Protool; what you get is only a transfer file for another exactly similar panel). So I hope you have Protool and a copy of the original program. You will find many discussions omn the Siemens forum on this issue.
By the way, what do you mean by " I imported a protool to wincc "? Do you mean you have migrated to WinCC Flexible (do not forget the Flexible in this case, or you will lead us into confusion). What version of WinCC Flexible are you using in this case?
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

I appologize for the misleading info.

I have the original file, and I have WinCC Flexible 2008 advanced.

I have migrated the Protool project into WinCC Flexible.

Currently my main question is: When the OP7 is running the program and I press "enter", it list's some of the pages from my project but not all of them. Is this the normal function of the "enter" button?

If so how do I add pages to this list.

Hopefuly this clears up my mis-info from before.

I didnt think you could program OP7 using Flex - Is it a OP77A/B you have with a migrated OP7 project?

Currently my main question is: When the OP7 is running the program and I press "enter", it list's some of the pages from my project but not all of them. Is this the normal function of the "enter" button?
This depends - is there an area pointer for System Key assign in the protool program?
You can use this to read system keys i.e Enter,hardcopy,Ack etc

If not, in our setups you use ESC to return to Root directory and enter if you go to far and reach the start screen.

Hope this helps

I didnt think you could program OP7 using Flex - Is it a OP77A/B you have with a migrated OP7 project?

It is an OP7, I just assumed that when I clicked on "Open ProTool Project" in WinCC and it opened I was good to go. After you said that I noticed it took the OP7 project and converted it to a OP77 project.

I finally got a copy of ProTool installed and working so I am going to start looking into it now.

Thanks for all the info everyone!