Controlling a sequential call on a product delivery system.

Qubit

Hi
I have a conveyor belt with product running along it. There are 8 pushers sending product to 8 workstations when the operative calls for it. This much I can program myself.
The difficulty is trying to get the PLC to memorise the order in which the call buttons were pressed and and deliver the product to each on in sequence.
Sometimes all 8 stations will be in use and other times maybe only 2 or three.
Any help much appreciated.

I'll be using an Omron PLC, probably a CPM2A
Is there a simple command to make a FIFO circuit or does it need programming separately.
I've never used a shift register before and was wondering if I could utilise one in some way.
Thanks for helping.

I just had a thought. Would it be possible to use 8 Data memories and shift the queue across them as the product goes to each operative. I can't exactly work out how to do that but I think it should be possible.