Simatic S7-200

lexleo

Good day everyone!

I am new with PLC's. I am having a problem communicating with my pc-to-plc set up. i am using the usb-to-mpi adapter. i can't seem to find the right communication set up. help. thanks!

Hi..
You must set up: Communications->Set PC/PG Interface -> PC Adapter(MPI)
and in field Properties confirm: PG/PC is only master on the bus.Next confirm search all baud rates and run searching.

still the same

Good day!
thanks for the reply. I did just as you suggested and i still end up with the same error. I have attached a screen shot of the message.

ScreenShot039.jpg

S7 200 ppi

Hi Lexleo

Although you are using a usb mpi cable you must still activate the Pg/Pc interface as pc adapter>PPI as the S7200 programming port is PPI.

Please try.

good day guys!

i tried all your suggestions, i got a window saying that it is checking the CP then I got the same error message. I removed the serial cable connecting the adapter to the CP. I checked the continuity of the pins of the male db9 connector. I got continuity on pins 2,3,4,5,7,8 and open on 1,6,9. Is this the normal reading i should get? thanks.

Hi Lexleo

You must use the programming port on the cpu and not the CP module to access/download the program.
Are you using WinXP Pro??
Do you have the Demo version of micro win as it will not comm.??

don,
i have win xp pro service pack 2 running on intel p4 1.8 ghz and not the demo version microwin v4.07.10. i hope this helps :) thanks

I had the same problem when we migrated from PPI-serial cables. We bought a PC-Adaptor (USB) Same as you have and found we couldn't go online. The problem is that the PC Adaptor can only communicate down to 19200 baud whilst S7-200 are supplied default at 9600baud. If we used the old serial PPI cable to change the S7-200's port to 19200baud the PC adaptor worked fine.
We have now bought a USB-PPI multi master cable which works perfectly every time even when we're not sure what baudrate the PLC is set to.
They're only approx 100GBP so well worth the investment
Siemens part no. is 6ES7 901-3DB30-0XA0

Hope this helps

Paul

Try to communicate through Communications->Set PC/PG Interface -> PC Adapter(Auto)
Here First you run Start Network Detection under Properties and check whether its communicating or not

IF yes then go Further

Or Else go with Serial PPI( Dedicated for S7-200) Cable

Hi Lexleo

I tried the auto/mpi but the pc did not pick up the cpu.
I tried the other baudrates but it also only sees the 9.6kbps.
I put microwin on my desktop an old ver 3.1 and installed the usb drivers set the pg/pc int. to PPI 9.6 and it read the cpu first time.
Therefore my conclussion for you is your settings must be PPI 9.6 Local connect USB in the PPI properties(usually does it automatically).
I did this on my PG and Desktop and no prob.
I have XP Pro SP3.
Try a different CPU or S7 300/400.
In your prev pic i see you had MPI so please change to PPI.

Good luck

Hello,
I am using PC Adapter with s200s without problems....In PC/PG setting You must set PC Adapter (PPI) profile(I suppose You have this profile instaled...),Baud rate 9,6...I have never used MPI profile with S200...