Temp control

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, I have heated acid tanks that have agitators in them that can not be turned-off unless the temp is below 90-degrees. The problem is, when the temp goes from 89-90+ it causes the agitator to turn on and off continually. Is there some way to create a dead-band (I think is the term I'm looking for) so that it doesn't continue to turn on and off? I have a SLC500 with an 5/03 processor. Thank you.

Hello, I have heated acid tanks that have agitators in them that can not be turned-off unless the temp is below 90-degrees. The problem is, when the temp goes from 89-90+ it causes the agitator to turn on and off continually. Is there some way to create a dead-band (I think is the term I'm looking for) so that it doesn't continue to turn on and off? I have a SLC500 with an 5/03 processor. Thank you.

Use On and Off Timers controlling a B3 Bit, and use that to Start/Stop the Agitators. For example a 30 or 60 Second Timers, or whatever your process can handle.

Stu.....