if stop PLC u should restart your WinCC!!!

unclehamid

I am using a wincc v6.2 and its connected to cpu 314 via cp343(ethernet)but problem is when we stop cpu ,connection lost
and all wincc I/O fields become frozen when we run PLC again it still frized and we should restart PC(wincc).imagin when we stop our plc all PC in control room should restart!!!
is there any way to solve problem?

I wonder it is normal when u stop a plc in site
u have to restart PC in control room!!!
No, this is not the normal behavior. Describe what exactly happens when you turn off a PLC. Is there anything special in the log files from WinCC or Windows? What is the connection status on the server? Is it only one PLC that is doing this?

it is a small project we just have one cpu 314c-2dp with cp343-1(ethernet,192.168.0.1) its connected to a PC with wincc v6.2 (Pc IP 192.168.0.2)
these days I test and change plc program when I stop PLC(RUN to stop)all I/O fields(temp;perssure,Level) in Wincc become frozen(connection lost)if I change switch from stop to run
It still frozen until you restart PC
by the way what is normal condition for data...I/O in wincc when plc goes stop or power off it should show last data ?it becomes frozen ..

Last edited:
I don't have a PC here with WinCC installed, but there should be an option to display the connection status of the PLC somewhere in the "tools" or "extra" menu. Like mentioned before the log files can also give you some clues...

dear Jobbe
I check tools we have "status of dirver connection"
it just shows tcp/ip connection disconnected!!

what log file should I check?where did it store?
by the way what is normal condition for data...I/O in wincc when plc goes stop or power off it should show last data ?it becomes frozen ..

Last edited:
Please Check whether your PC LAN ( Local Area Network) works fine when the you are connecting your PC with Other PCs.

There may be Problem with your LAN Connection
Please have Suitable Driver/ Hardware for that

I use ordinary built in network card with D Link hub
it works I check network with "ping" it works:confused:
maybe I should enable a service or sth else in WinCC?