alarm logic

enbeya

hi all
I need some help to program in micrologix and alarm logic and then forwarded to HMI and be able to know which alarm came first.
thanks for the help

You may want to search for System Integrators in you part of Canada and have someone come in to help. Or contact your distributor and request a schedule for PLC/HMI training available.
For help here, you may want to ask more detailed questions or go to the "Training Store" in the link at the top of the page.

Most HMIs have an alarm manager/logger that records the alarms in the order they occur. Which HMI are you using?

Programming an alarm in the PLC is relatively easy.

discrete example
Level_Switch_High Alarm_ACK HighLevelAlarm
----] [----------+----]\[--------------( )----
|
HighLevelAlarm |
----] [----------+

Analog Example
Alarm_ACK ighLevelAlarm
---+-GRT-------------+----+----]\[--------------( )----
| TANK_LEVEL| |
| HIGH_ALARM_LEVEL| |
+-----------------+ |
|
HighLevelAlarm |
------------] [-----------+

THANKS ALARIC for your replay,Iam using factory talk and wondering if there is kinda instruction in plc can manage the alarms exmple FIFO.
thanks again

Just program the alarms that you need. Then create tags in the HMI that reference the alarms in the PLC and set up alarming on the tags. The HMI alarm manager will keep track of the order in which the alarms happened.

I usually create an alarms subroutine in the PLC to handle all of the alarms.

Don't get too snitty with Russ. Alarms are basic stuff in Rockwell HMIs, be it a flavor of RSView or a Panelview - if you're struggling with it he isn't out of line to suggest that you look for some training and/or provide more detail in your questions. There is a lot of stuff on this website that can help you.

thanks again ,I did it today with just two alarms and worked well and my alarm logic was exactly the same as yours but I tought I need to do it in the plc too to keep the order. and i will do the same as you said and put the alarms in different lad cos I put them with my PIDs lad.
Thanks ALARIC