Retentive memory on Micrologix 1100

jfnavarro

Hello, I need use retentive memory in a Rockwell Micrologix 1100 to save the value of some variables and the state of some counters when the power of the PLC is lost. How can I do? Must I use some special instructions? If I use a memory module, can I resolve my problem? In that case, all the temporaly data of my program will be retentive?

Thanks.

I have never had an issue with Counter data being lost when powering down a ML1100. I think all the counter values will remain, without any special instructions. Same with Integer, Double Int, Floats, etc. Unless something else copies data to them on something like the First Scan bit, powering down and powering up will not change the data.

Similar Topics

i have a L16-BWA controller with 3 24v photo eyes and 2 illuminating selector switches inputs, and 2 solenoids and 2 contactors for outputs...
Replies
Views
Has anyone experienced any retentive memory loss on recent Red Lion Kadet screens (G307 in particular)? The equipment in question has a G307K200...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing a problem with the retentive property of the allocated memory. I'm using bits (BOOL) of some %MW allocated registers...
Replies
Views
I need to backup some %MWi varibales in an M340 program without stopping the PLC. Any ideas? Also what is the Save Variable attribute used for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I want to have a retentive marker word in a 313C-2DP. I have set up retentive memory in the properties of the PLC in the hardware config to be...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom