Allen Bradley and iFIX SCADA

ruby.n

Hi,

What is the I/O address format for an iFIX tag to communicate with an Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5555 Controller tag??

This depends on what the PLC's were called when the system was set up. For example I have a plc name "HMW_1" thenHMW_1:B13:0:10will be in PLC HMW_1 a digital input B13:0/10. HMW_1:F8:16 will be in PLC HMW_1 a float F8:16

This depends on what the PLC's were called when the system was set up. For example I have a plc name "HMW_1" thenHMW_1:B13:0:10will be in PLC HMW_1 a digital input B13:0/10. HMW_1:F8:16 will be in PLC HMW_1 a float F8:16

But of course that would be for SLC/5/500 type addressing, which is possible with a CLX but I'm presuming that the OP is using Native Tag addressing.

So the general format is PLC_Driver_ID:pLC_address. Consult the Help file for the Driver, open the Driver I/O configuration App to see the ID name of the driver.

If this is a new system, you'll have to define the Driver first.