Incrementing Registers RS500

weyenbergc

Hello all,
I am trying to collect the lowest temperature in each cycle and then keep that data so I can further study it.

I am using RSLogix 500 to do the logic.

I can gather the lowest temperature, but I can't figure out a nice way to store the data. I am sort of new to ladder logic and I am wondering if there is a way to increment the register that I am moving the data in by one so the data could be stored in the next available slot.

Does anyone know of a way to keep track of this data?

Edit: These temperatures are in the range of 85-115.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone, after seeing the descriptions posted and reading up on indirect addressing it was a simple fix.

The machine is down right now, so I cant test for 100 percent certainty but addressing like N200:[N200:205] then adding 1 to N200:205 every cycle seems like it should work. (Starting at N200:205 = 207)

Of course I would start at a lower number, but this has to be an online change and that is the biggest register I could find.